Is the Democrats Go Negative Strategy a Case of the Mirror Cracked?
According to the New York Times, “many Democrats are deploying the fruits of a yearlong investigation into the business and personal histories of Republican candidates in an effort to plant doubts about them and avoid having races become a national referendum on the performance of President Obama and his party.”
Here is an example of what the current Democratic “attack advertising” strategy might look like relative to a past candidate . . .
- His family’s business interests have been linked to criminal activity with mob ties
- His family made use of “inside information” through holding key positions with the SEC to make millions on the stock market
- His family’s stock trading activities were cited as being one of the main reasons for the recent economic crisis
- He is a known philanderer who has had several extra-marital affairs
- He is addicted to painkillers and is generally speaking, in poor health
Would you vote for a man like this . . .
- Out flew the web and floated wide–
- The mirror crack’d from side to side;
- “The curse is come upon me”, cried
- The Lady of Shalott.